To Re-Gift or not to Re-Gift
You give a gift. You receive a gift. Easy, right?
Not so fast. There is a little something in-between. Some call it the ultimate in recycling. Others, the ultimate in bad taste.
A telephone survey, conducted by Harris/Decima, between October 9 and 12, 2008 looked at the dubious practice of re-gifting...
- slightly more than half of those surveyed (53%) say they've never re-gifted and don't plan to re-gift
- less than one-third of those surveyed (32%) admit to ever having re-gifted
- 23% of those surveyed admitted to re-gifting home decor or knick knacks
- 15% admitted to re-gifting clothing
- 6% of those surveyed admitted to re-gifting bottles of wine
- 5% admitted to re-gifting bath products or candles
- overall, 65% of those surveyed don't have a problem with re-gifting with 36% of them feeling good about it
- only 9% felt guilty!
- 8% were happy to have the item out of their house
- 8% thought re-gifting was the greener option
- 5% thought re-gifting would save time/money
Don't let your gift become a re-gift... choose wisely.